Motivational Monday || Beauty


Aloha Sprinklerinos,

It's Monday, the start of a brand new week and a chance to set things straight and be passionate and productive. Hurrah!


I've been thinking lately about what makes a person beautiful. 

I spend a LOT of time obsessing over beauty. I love beauty products, I make beauty videos, a lot of my friends are beauty bloggers & vloggers, I scroll through beautiful images on instagram, I look for the beauty in each day and, like a lot of women, I think about my own beauty. 

There are things about myself that I love and I'm glad I have but there are also things I don't like. I have naturally very flushed cheeks, I'm a bit squidgy-fatty and frankly, I'd like to be a bit shorter. We all have a list of things that we think lessen us or that we view as defects. 

For many years I've been the 'fake it til you make it gal', who would focus on the good and ignore the bad, leaving me feeling good and confident. Except, when you peal away the bravado, those insecurities are still there. 

As I edited my vlog footage from New York, all too many times I noticed things I didn't like about myself. There is a bit where I'm surprised with a helicopter ride and as I put my hands over my face in shock, my neck and cheek look really red and fat. That's what I noticed. I wasn't seeing the beauty in the amazing gift or the joy of the surprise, but the colour and size of a small portion of my face. I felt they were ugly. 

I've thought about that clip a lot. I've thought about the people that were with me. My manager Maddie who looks after me above and beyond the parameters of her job, my friends Alfie and Joe who feel like family and my friend Drew who was just so excited for the surprise. Those people didn't look at me and think my rosey cheek was gross. They didn't even see a rosey cheek, they just saw a Louise being happy. And when you really think about it, what's more beautiful than just being happy? Nothing. 

The point I'm making is, all those things you think are ugly, just aren't. Yes focus on the good and ignore the 'bad', but also, accept that the 'bad' isn't 'bad'. Accept that you are scrutinising it far more than anyone else is and that most people don't see you as a collection of features but as a person that they love or like or find fun or interesting. 

You are a person and that alone is enough to be classed as beautiful. 

Toodlepip!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment