Wrote A Book Didn't I?!


Aloha Sprinklerinos,

Remember basically most of 2014 when I barely updated this blog and I was pretty absent on everything and stuff? Yeah? I was writing a book. For the lols I kept it quiet so that you would think I was a giant lazy-arse and then announced it last week.



I jest (although I do know some of you thought I was a lazy arse, you little minxes). I wrote the book and decided to keep it quiet until every last word was written and I could feel confident that I had done my part in the process. I tell you, there were a LOT of times I nearly gave up!!

As well as the video I uploaded to my YouTube channel, here are some things I have learnt about writing a book. I hope you can laugh with me as I silently cry on the inside haha.

This video tells you alllll about the book, what it's about and sneak peaks of the pages! Woohoo!

1. Writing a book is HARD. I poured myself into the writing of this book and so after I had finished a big chunk I would feel mentally exhausted and have big snoozes. I found 1 part typing, 2 parts snooze to be the best formula.

2. Seize motivation! I felt like I wrote the best parts of the book when I was rreeeaallly in the mood, as opposed to having to meet a deadline and so if inspiration struck, I grabbed it. Once I was at an airport with Matt and Darcy and was like, 'OMG MATT! I need to write! So he very willingly took Darcy on an hour long adventure round the departures lounge, duty free and corridors so I could type away like a crazy woman until we were called to board our flight'.

3. You need help and lots of it. There are lots of people that have made this book as special as it is but the person who has personally been my biggest support is Matt. He was always very understanding of how much time it took to make this happen and was always on hand to take care of Darcy or cook me meals because he knew I'd forget to make anything. Even though we have now moved from married to just friends, he has always been so invested in this project and I'm very grateful.

4. I worry more than I thought. It worked like this- we decided on the chapters, I was given a word limit, the publishers let me write the chapter how I wanted, I emailed it off, they fixed my appalling spelling and grammar errors, I re-read and approved and voila, a book is written. In that process though, every single time I sent off a chapter (so 18 whole times), I worried that I my writing was rubbish or that the editors who have read far better things would laugh at my work. I still am a little worried to be honest haha.

5. Still worrying. I also worry a LOT that the people who buy the book might not like it. Deep down I know it's great and it's a fun, interesting, helpful read but I think because I poured so much of my heart and soul into it, if they don't like the book I'll feel a bit like they don't like my heart and soul. Does that make sense? It's mad because obviously I'm so excited to launch this into the world but I'm also painfully afraid too. Nerves. They'll get ya.

6. Pride. I have often felt proud of things in my life (buying my first home, delivering my sweet Daughter, learning to drive, managing to not burn oven pizza) and this is another one of them. A big one. A big, big one. I may have had a few little happy cries over this if I'm very honest. 

So, if you would like to pre-order the book, please please do. Every pre-oder really helps give an indicator to how well the book is being received and calms my worried soul that it won't be a total flop haha! The book comes out physically July 2nd and between now and then there will be a lorra lorra lot more blog posts and videos on it because I have loved this like you would a baby and I want to share it as much as possible with you! 


Pre-Order on Amazon - http://amzn.to/1ClRFqU
Pre-Order on WHSmith - http://bit.ly/1FkHxzH
Pre-Order on Waterstones- http://bit.ly/1DIZc9g


If the embedded version of the video is not showing up, click HERE to be taken directly to it. 

I hope you are as excited as I am!

Toodlepip!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment